“The Company” means Hectic Hats Limited
“Hat” means any hat, fascinator or head wear or multiples thereof.
“Royal Ascot Week” means the horse racing event known as “Royal Ascot”.
Please read this agreement carefully. It sets out the terms and conditions under which the Company hires
you a hat. By hiring a hat from the Company you agree that you have read and accepted these terms and
This Agreement is made between you (the hirer) and The Company.
1. All contracts of hire shall be deemed to incorporate these terms and conditions. No variation or addition to these conditions is allowed unless agreed in writing by the Company.
2. (i) The hat(s) remain the property of The Company at all times.
(ii) Hats are hired per day. The hire fee is per day.
(iii) The full hat hire fee is payable at the time of booking.
(iv) The hire period is set out below at the time of booking.
(v) The liabilities of the hirer commence at the time the hired hat is collected from our premises or other location agreed by The Company and continue until the hat is returned to the Company.
(vi) Cancellation policy: The full hire fee will be only refunded for cancellations made 14 days before the hire date. The full hire fee will not be refunded for cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the hire date.
(vii) During Royal Ascot week the hire period is for one specific race day only, unless stated otherwise (the hire period will be for around 12 hours depending on the time of collection) and the hat must be returned to the Company by 8:30 pm of that specific race day.
(viii) if the hat is not returned by 8:30 pm on that specific race day during Royal Ascot week then a further day’s hat hire will be charged for each day late and thereafter for each day until the hat is returned.
3. (i)The liabilities of the hirer commence at the time the hired hat is collected from our premises and continue until they are returned to our premises.
(ii) the hirer must keep the hired hat, in good and substantial repair and condition, and in the event of any hat being damaged beyond repair or lost by fire, theft or any other cause whatsoever, the hirer will pay the Company
(a) the full replacement value of the hat,
(b) the original hire charge,
(c) the full amount of any loss of earnings or incurred costs resulting from the loss or damage of the hat. N.B. The hat replacement amount to be charged is at the sole discretion of the Company and will vary depending on each specific hat.
(d) In the event of any article being damaged and requiring repair, the hirer will pay the full cost of such repair except unless the hirer has paid for our Damage Only Protection Insurance below.
(e) Credit or debit card details will be taken as a form of security deposit.
(iii) Damage Only Protection Insurance – Our Damage Protection Insurance will insure you against repairable damage to the hired hat whilst in your care during the hire period up to a repair value of £150 only. If the cost of repair exceeds £150 then the hat will be considered as damaged beyond repair and clause 3 (ii) above will apply.
4. No liability at all shall attach to The Company for (a) any delay or failure to deliver due to circumstances which are outside its control. (b) any damage or injury caused by the misuse of the Company’s property.
5. The Company expressly reserves the right at its absolute discretion to suspend or cancel any services (whether in whole or in part) under the contract with the hirer in any case where the hirer is in breach of that contract, whether the same be under that contract or any other contract or arrangement between the hirer and the Company.
6. The Company reserves the right to make substitutes without prior warning for any hat that may be unavailable.